Conditions of Coverage
- Coverage and benefits are subject to the excess and
co-insurance, and all terms of the plan and Policy Wording.
- Coverage under a GlobeHopper plan is secondary to any
- Coverage and benefits are for medically necessary, usual,
reasonable and customary charges only.
- Charges must be administered or ordered by a medical
- Charges must be incurred during the period of insurance or
the coverage extension period (if applicable).
- Claims must be presented to IMG for payment within ninety (90)
days from the date the claim was incurred.
The following conditions apply to all persons applying for and/or
enrolling in GlobeHopper Travel Medical Insurance.
- GlobeHopper is available to eligible persons of any nationality
worldwide that are travelling outside their home country. If
you have multiple residences or passports, then the country
listed on the application form will be considered your home
- For USA citizens, the home country is both the United States
and your primary residence or usual place of abode. USA
citizens, in addition to the above;
- Must depart the USA on, or be located outside of the
USA, as of the effective date (or date of extension, or
- USA citizens requiring Worldwide coverage will have an annual limit of 60 total days of coverage in the USA;
- Only brief returns to the USA are covered under the
Citizenship Return Coverage or the Incidental Home Trip
Coverage, as applicable.
- For those under 65 years of age and visiting the USA, your
initial period of insurance must begin within six months of
arrival in the USA. For those 65 years of age and older, it
must begin within 30 days of arrival. These requirements will
be waived with proof of previous valid international travel
insurance. Prior USA domestic health care coverage does not
meet this eligibility requirement. Please provide the name of
your international insurance carrier on the application form.
If you are not in the USA at the time of application, please
indicate your expected date of arrival on your application form.
- Eligibility to purchase, extend or renew this product, or
its terms and conditions, may be modified or amended
based upon changes to applicable law, including the USA
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA).
Renewal of Coverage
If your GlobeHopper plan is purchased for a minimum of one
month, coverage may be renewed/extended (unless there is a break
in coverage) on a continuous basis for a total of up to two years
from the original effective date. Renewals are available in whole
month or daily increments and may be completed online. For
each renewal of less than one month completed online, you will
be charged an additional $5 / £5 / €5 processing fee. Each insured
person must only satisfy one excess and co-insurance within each
12 month period of insurance. Please note: Renewal rates may differ
from initial rates.
It’s quick and easy to renew/extend eligible plans. Prior to the expiry
of your plan, we’ll send an email to the email address you provided
when you originally purchased your plan. Then, if you wish to
renew/extend your plan, simply click the hyperlink within the email
and follow the instructions before your plan expires.
14 Day Money Back 'No Hassle' Guarantee
Upon receiving your GlobeHopper
policy documents, please make sure
you read them carefully. If you think
your GlobeHopper plan may not
meet your needs, you may cancel it.
If you decide to cancel, simply submit
a written request to us to cancel
your policy. As long as you have not
already made a claim under the plan,
we will cancel it from inception and promptly give you a refund (as
below) - No Questions Asked:
- For plans cancelled within 14 days of application, and prior to
the effective date: You will receive a full refund;
- For plans cancelled after 14 days from the date of application,
but prior to the effective date: You will receive a full refund of
the premium paid less a $50/£30/€40 cancellation fee;
- For plans that are cancelled after the effective date, and
provided no claims have been paid or are in progress: i) For
plans with less than full one months period of insurance
remaining: there will be no refund payable; ii) For plans with
one or more full months periods of insurance remaining: You
will receive a full refund of each complete full months coverage
remaining, less a one off $50/£30/€40 cancellation fee.